Humanities Teacher/Hockey Coach
Are you a passionate and qualified teacher, looking to connect with students in an environment which emphasises academics, athletics and character development? Are you committed to developing young minds from across the globe helping them to become purposeful leaders? Do you have hockey coaching experience and would like to be part of our renowned hockey progam?
Athol Murray College of Notre Dame is searching for a dedicated, passionate and qualified person to teach Humanities and also join our hockey coaching staff for the 2022/2023 year.
If this sounds like you then we need to connect!
The ideal candidate in this position will possess:
- Bachelor of Education Degree.
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in the field; proof of prior teaching with reference or internship reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong understanding of learning styles and the construction of knowledge
- A teaching style which subscribes to an authentic learning, student centered approach
- Must be eligible or hold a Saskatchewan Teaching Certificate Number.
- Obtain a Parish Priest reference upon request.
- Familiarity with a private school atmosphere is an asset.
- Hockey coaching experience.
- Must have a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector, completed within the last 6 months.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Display a commitment to Notre Dame’s Catholic nature, philosophy, principles, mission, history and strategic plan.
What we can offer:
- Supportive Work Environment
- Career Growth & Experience
- STF Salary Grid & Membership Benefits
- Average Class Size - 18 Students
- 100% Graduation Rate & 95% of Graduates eligible for post-secondary education
- Over half of the student body on the honour roll and several Order of Canada Award Winners