Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Assume the role of "in loco parentis" and build relationships with each individual student.
2. Ownership of student residence management duties which includes:
a. Ensure laundry procedures are followed.
b. Provide evening snacks and supervise meals
c. Make travel arrangements for students in residence
d. Oversee and approve weekend leave arrangements.
e. Manage the discipline/work list for students in your dorm.
f. Weekly Meetings with Assistant Houseparent(s) and other programming stakeholders
g. Maintain a detailed logbook and provide comments in reports
h. Continuous communication with pertinent stakeholders and departments
i. Ensure prompt communication with parents
j. Assist with care related to minor health ailments
3. Provide students with guidance and direction in spiritual, social, and athletic development.
4. Ensure supervision for residence at all times which includes:
a. Perform daily inspection of each room and at least one weekly inspection with the student.
b. Sleep in-residence on assigned duty nights.
5. Develop leadership abilities of all students, especially with House Leaders through regular meetings.
6. Create student files and report on areas development and other items of note.
7. Ensure the high standard for cleanliness is maintained and ensure adequate supplies accessible and within appropriate Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
8. Act as a role model for students – instill students with a sense of modesty, punctuality and responsibility.
9. Attend all staff meetings and act as an ND ambassador in all student, alumni, College and public events
10. Active participation in student life programming with involvement in other student activities and programming.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Life.
What we need from you?
- Must have a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Valid Drivers licence and reliable vehicle
- Completion of High School Diploma or Post-Secondary education
- 1 to 3 years working with youth, ideally in a boarding capacity
- Independent school background considered an asset
- Willingness to live and work within the Village of Wilcox
- Certified counselor with a focus on youth and various counseling techniques preferred
- Commitment to upholding Notre Dame’s vision, mission, philosophy, principles, history and strategic plan
- Ability to interact with the student body in a positive manner (i.e. coaching, student clubs, etc.)
What we are able to offer
- Housing will be made available for the duration of employment
- Flexible work schedule
- Summers off
- Professional Development training is available
All interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letters to